Cuộc thi thường niên lớn nhất, thú vị nhất và kịch tính nhất dành cho sinh viên ngành kỹ thuật đã bắt đầu!!!
Texas Instruments Innovation Challenge
Vietnam MCU Design Contest 2016
To encourage students’ innovation on MCU system design, Texas Instruments announces the MCU Design Contest for Vietnam Universities for the year 2016.
I. Contest ContentIt is required to use TI MSP430 launchpads and/or Tiva C launchpads as the main CPU for projects. The students have to design their own hardware platform or/and use existing TI EVMs to implement certain functions. TI analog, power management and wireless connectivity are highly encouraged.
List of 4 launchpads required to choose from:
II. Contest Targets
Qualification: The contest is open to in school Undergraduates. Every team should have 1-3 team members and 1 lecturer as their advisor. The team members of the winning teams of the contests before year of 2016 are not allowed to participate in 2016 contest.
Submit Application Form: All teams should submit an application form for the contest, pronouncing their group & design target. The application form is available online and can be found by visiting TI Vietnam support group on Facebook (link), or can be accessed directly through: TIIC Vietnam MCU Design Contest Application form.
In Regional Elections, the judges will evaluate the project quality by scoring the submitted papers in English (full design files or demo videos can be a strong complementary support). In both rounds, the teams will submit the thesis using provided format which can be downloaded from the websites of participating universities.
Score Criteria for Elections (Total 100):
1. Practicality: 10
2. Technical Competence of Project: 40
3. Demo Quality (Video): 40
4. TI Analog/Power/Wireless Connectivity Engagement: 10
In National Finals, the teams need to give a presentation (Please note that teams must do presentation in English at National Final), Q&A and a live demonstration to the judges.
Score Criteria for Finals (Total 100):
3.Technical competence of project: 25
IV. Contest Time Frame
1. April 30,2016: Download & Submit Application Form
2. May 7, 2016: Announce the accepted registrations
3. Oct 15, 2016: Submit thesis for election
4. Oct 30, 2016: Winners Announcement
5. Nov 30, 2016: National Final
V. National Level Awards (Following Cash Awards are Pretax)
1. 1st Class Award: USD2000
2. 2nd Class: USD1000
3. 3rd Class: USD500
4. “The most promising”: USD300
5. “The best presentation”: USD200
6. Excellence Advisor Awards: The advisors of the 1st place winners in the regional finals will be
awarded an amount of US$300
Sunflower Mission’s Engineering & Technology Scholarships
Sunflower Mission’s Engineering & Technology Scholarships for EACH of the members of the top 3 teams of the national final that meet the following criteria. The scholarship is in the amount of $300.
1. The money is to be used only for educational purpose as outlined below and only in the field of Engineering & Technology
2. Students NOT in the last semester of undergraduate program must provide
a. grade report for the last two completed semesters (fall 2015 and spring 2016)
b. all grades for the last two semesters must be better than 7/10 to qualify
c. name of undergraduate degree being pursued
d. year of graduation
3. Students ALREADY in last semester of their undergraduate study must produce
a. proof of the current institution stating the student will graduate in December 2016
b. proof of admission to a graduate degree that includes name of the institution
c. the graduate degree must be in the field of Engineering & Technology
d. Letters of recommendation from two professors in the current semester of undergraduate study attesting to know the student will pursue the graduate program in the spring of 2016. The letters from the professors must contain full name, title, university he/she belongs to, email, and telephone number
4. Students who have already been awarded E&T scholarship from Sunflower Mission in 2016 are NOT qualified to apply again.
5. Students will have to submit a headshot & material to meet criteria described in 2 and 3 above by 12/31/2016 to our TI VN team to receive the scholarship by 01/30/2016.
Organizer: Texas Instruments Inc.
• Ho Chi Minh University of Technology (HCMUT)Co-sponsors:
• Sunflower Mission’s Engineering & Technology
Contest Judges for regional finals: To be announced later.
Please contact below addresses for inquiry if any: